Doug & Marna Boyer, Owners/Funeral Director
Doug is the funeral director at Boyer Family Funeral Homes. He handles arrangements, services, and most of the day-to-day activities at the Funeral Homes along with his assistant, Kelly. Prior to entering mortuary school, he served in the United States Air Force.
Doug is passionate about and actively involved in the local community. Marna, his wife, is an avid botanist– designing and developing all of the beautiful landscapes you will see around the Boyer Family Funeral Homes.
* Born and raised in Duncannon, Perry County.
* 1960 graduate of Susquenita High School
* USAF Veteran 1961-65 (Vietnam Era)
* 1972 Graduate of Harrisburg Area Community College
* 1975 Graduate of Catonsville Community College School of Mortuary Science.
* Member and former board member of Newport Assembly of God
* Perry County Deputy Coroner 40 years.
* Board member of The Woods at Cedar Run and Harrisburg Center
* Past President of Central Perry Senior Center
* Founder of Brotherhood Native American Outreach Inc and Brotherhood Quartet
* Member of Native American Fellowship
* Guest teacher at American Indian Bible College, Phoenix, AZ
* Private Pilot and member of Aircraft Owners and Pilots Assoc.
* Board Member and past president of Duncannon Seniors Inc.
* Established Boyer Family Funeral Home in Duncannon in 1991
Kelly Law GC-C, FDA, Certified Grief Counselor
Kelly is a Certified Grief /Stress Counselor with a 20 year background in Hospice care. She has been Ordained as a non-denominational minister since 2005 and finds spirituality to be the basis of much of her counseling. Kelly also holds degrees in Divinity, Metaphysics and Art/Communications. Since working at Boyer Family Funeral Homes in 2019, she became certified as a Funeral Director Assistant. Kelly takes a very personal approach to working with families and makes sure that they are satisfied with the services as well as after-care.
Jill Askin, Funeral Director - supervisor at the Duncannon branch
Jill received her BS degree from Wayne State University School of Mortuary Science, Detroit, Michigan. Jill is a board certified funeral director and also holds a pre-need insurance certification.
She and her husband, Clay, live in Harrisburg and have three adult children. Jill enjoys collecting locally sourced art.
Bert Santos, Funeral Service Associate
Alfred "Alfie" Miller, Funeral Service Associate
Peggy is a greeter at funeral services and also helps with luncheons.
Judy Darlington, Greeter at services