Benefits Generally Available to Veterans:
To qualify for any government benefit, an honorable discharge is required.
A copy must accompany each benefit application.
Boyer Funeral Home prepares all the applications for veterans families.
Boyer Funeral Home gives veterans a $250.00 discount on full service funerals. $50.00 on cremations.
- A government marker for a veteran’s grave.
- $100.00 towards the Installation of Government marker, except if buried in a national cemetery, the cemetery
- An American flag to cover the casket, a grave standard and flag.
- A $100.00 payment from Perry County for County residents only.
- A burial plot and burial vault for the veteran and spouse in Indiantown Gap National Cemetery.
- Recently passed legislation provides for death benefits for veterans living in Pennsylvania State Veteran Homes.
- Unmarried widows of deceased veterans are eligible for a $100.00 payment.
- Military Honors are available and are provided by service organizations.
There may be other benefits available according to individual circumstances of service.
For more information on veterans benefits, contact:
The Perry County Veterans Affairs Officer,
Lynn Van Leaven at (717) 582-8984, ext. 5,
or 582-3279 for 24 hour voice mail.
Boyer Family Funeral Homes and Cremation Services proudly supports the Wounded Warrior Project and Wounded Warriors of Pennsylvania.